PACIFIC is seeking experienced Bridge Resident Engineers / Structure Representatives / Sr Construction Managers to be a representative for public agencies supervising the structures portion of the heavy civil construction projects primarily bridges, retaining walls, sound walls, culverts or any other structures related to highway projects.
Region: San Bernardino County (Caltrans District 8)
Opening: Immediate, 2019
Job Advertisement Code: 1901
The primary duties of a Structure Representative are
- Advise Resident Engineer for Bridge/Structures
- Technical and contractual administration, and field inspection of bridge construction to ensure compliance with approved plans and specifications
- Supervise field construction activities and staff, office engineers, inspectors, materials testers, surveyors, and to act as liaison with clients, consultants, contractors, and designers.
- Prepare daily inspection reports based on the on-site construction activities.
- Read and interpret plans, specifications, other construction documents, and complex contract language
- Review submittals including shop drawings, product data, test samples, construction work plans
- Respond to Contractor’s Request for Information (RFI)
- Monitor, coordinate and enforce construction compliance with contract documents, safety regulations and environmental documents
- Document the project progress and payment and coordinate with others for contractor progress pay estimates.
- Perform independent check calculations for temporary works such as falsework and shoring, and quantity takeoff per Caltrans manuals
- Run safety meetings and other team meetings.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with various contractors, entities, clients, and regulatory agencies, e.g., sampling and testing of construction materials, construction staking and surveying
- Perform constructability review of contract design plans
- US Employment Authorization
- California PE or SE
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or Higher) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Structural Engineering or relevant majors
- 4+ years of inspection experience in Structure Construction on California Highway Bridge projects, and one year experience as a Structure Representative, Bridge Resident Engineer, Construction QA Manager (CQAM), or equivalent
- A valid Driver’s License and compliance with PACIFIC’s Vehicle Policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work alternative shifts including weekends and nights.
- Capable to make quick and effective decisions to resolve field issues.
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work in outdoor field construction sites, and office include sitting for periods of time.
- Have general knowledge of code requirements
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations
- Ability to write reports and memos
- Capable to work with common Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files)
- Pre-employment drug test. Also, subject to drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment in accordance with PACIFIC’s Drug, Alcohol and Illegal Items Policy
- 3+ Reference from Clients (Public Agency Representatives)
- Resume prepared in SF 330 Format (Caltrans Format)
- Professional certifications by recognized inspection agencies (ICC, ACI, AWS, QSP, Caltrans, etc.) for applicable CTMs, ASTMs and/or ACI procedures and take samples and perform field-controlled tests of construction materials for quality assurance
- Ability to use the common Caltrans bridge construction manuals: Construction Manual, Prestress Manual, Falsework Manual, and Foundation Manual
- Excellent organization skills.
- Willingness to learn new construction technologies
- Design Build experience
PACIFIC is a privately-owned company specializing in construction engineering, inspection and project management in public works, focusing on heavy civil construction and transportation projects. PACIFIC offers competitive salary and benefits, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, medical, dental, fitness club, and more. PACIFIC policies, procedures and culture are in line with PACIFIC core values: client focus, excellence and professionalism. PACIFIC gives a high priority to employees’ safety and training. Feel free to visit our Career page for additional information.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position with PACIFIC, please feel free to email your resume to email@example.com