PACIFIC is seeking an experienced part-time Design Engineer to perform both design and independent check for temporary works such as falsework, shoring, column guying. Our clients are in heavy civil bridge construction – agency, design builder and general contractor.
Region: All over California, mostly Southern California
Status: Part-time variable
Opening: Immediate, 2020
Job Advertisement Code: 3001
The primary duties of a Temporary Works Design Engineer are
- Prepare a complete design package including performing calculations and preparing plans and drafting for temporary works such as shoring, formwork, falsework, and other support of excavation structures, and specialized material lifting and handling devices. The design must be per contract requirements, mostly per Caltrans spec and manuals, and CalOSHA requirements.
- Coordinate design effort with the project manager to deliver designs within budget, time and quality constraints.
- Design, model (if required), and stamp the required temporary works. The liability is covered by the Company with professional liability insurance.
- Maintain engineering records, lists and schedules for engineering works, ensuring necessary approvals are in place in order to proceed with design
- Prepare written reports and submittals for temporary and permanent works designs including calculations and drawings
- Supervise the preparation of written reports and submittals for temporary works designs prepared by other Engineers
- May coordinate work of drafters, designers, technical assistants, engineers, subcontractors; including work assignments, scheduling, and review under limited supervision of the engineering manager
- Perform constructability reviews to improve structural details of temporary works
- US Employment Authorization
- California PE or SE
- Extensive California/Caltrans work experience for design of temporary works for bridge structures with a strong knowledge of code and Caltrans manuals and specifications requirements
- Proficient in MathCAD, Spreadsheet (Formulas) for design purposes
- Proficient in at least one of the common software for Shoring Design: DeepEX, CivilTech, GT Soft (SupportIT), Ensoft (PYWALL), etc.
- Proficient in falsework design with all design tools
- Proficient in AutoCAD for drafting
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or Higher) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Structural Engineering or relevant majors
- 5+ years of experience in design of temporary works on California Highway Bridge projects. Must be able to operate independently.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A valid Driver’s License and compliance with PACIFIC’s Vehicle Policy
- Ability to write reports and memos
- Capable to work with common Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files)
- Pre-employment drug test. Also, subject to drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment in accordance with PACIFIC’s Drug, Alcohol and Illegal Items Policy
- Ability to use the common Caltrans OSC software for falsework and shoring
- Design Build experience
PACIFIC is a privately-owned company specializing in construction engineering, inspection design, and project management in public works, focusing on heavy civil construction and transportation projects. PACIFIC offers competitive salary and benefits, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, medical, dental, and more to full-time employees, and some company benefit extend to part time employees. PACIFIC policies, procedures and culture are in line with PACIFIC core values: client focus, excellence and professionalism. PACIFIC gives a high priority to employees’ safety and training. Feel free to visit our Career page for additional information.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position with PACIFIC, please feel free to email your resume to email@example.com